McIntosh County Courthouse, constructed in Ashley, the county seat, in 1919. Designed by the architectural firm of Buechner & Orth (the last of thirteen North Dakota courthouses designed by this Minneapolis firm). Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in a nomination of all Buechner & Orth courthouses. The architecture is Beaux Arts Neoclassical, impressive for a small-town county seat. In the rotunda are four murals of historic scenes. Both the rotunda and the courtroom contain considerable ornamentation.